18 Ocak 2011 Salı

Tobacco: what are the reasons you smoke?

Tobacco: what are the reasons you smoke?

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3904/arreterfumer04711379.jpg

To stop smoking, it is important to consider why you want to smoke. You can more easily resist your cravings, change your behavior or develop avoidance strategies. We propose here to pass the Test Horn.

Explore why you want to smoke today

In this test, be honest with yourself. It will help you better understand what motivates you to smoke today, implying that if you do not stop soon, or if you resume smoking, you can board this test, because your reasons have changed since then.

You must enter your number of points for each of these 18 suggestions as follows.

Then refer to the results

Never = 1 point

Rarely = 2 points

On the occasion = 3 points

Often = 4 points

Always = 5 points

A. I smoke to keep myself in shape.
B. Holding a cigarette is part of the pleasure of smoking.
C. I enjoy smoking, I relax.
D. I light a cigarette when I'm angry for one reason or another.
E. When I'm out of cigarettes, I just can not stand, it is necessary that I provide.
F. I smoke cigarettes automatically without being aware.
G. I smoke cigarettes to stimulate me, to give me a boost.
H. The act of lighting a cigarette is part of the pleasure of smoking.
I. I find cigarettes pleasurable.
J. When I feel uncomfortable or upset by something, I light a cigarette.
K. When I do not smoke, I'm very aware.
L. I light a cigarette without realizing that I already have one burning in the ashtray.
M. I smoke a cigarette like dating.
N. When I smoke, watching the smoke as I exhale part of the fun.
O. The moment I most desire to smoke is when I'm good and relaxed.
P. When I have the blues or I do not want to think, I smoke.
Q. I'm really craving a cigarette when I have not smoked for a while.
R. Sometimes I realize that I have a cigarette in his mouth without remembering to be set.

Test results of Horn

Total your points for each set of questions as indicated.

A + G + M => 11 => You smoke in order to stimulate

B + H + N => 11 => for fun You smoke gesture

C + I + O => 11 => You smoke to relax

D + J + P => 11 => Smoking gives you support and help you manage your anxiety

E + K + Q => 11 => Smoking is an uncontrollable urge you to

F + L + R => 11 => You smoke out of habit

Once you have identified the major reasons, you can more easily establish effective strategies to reduce or stop smoking.

Published by Isabelle Eustache 14/01/2011 - 3:47 p.m.

Sources: Test Horn

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder